Bonne Fête des Mères

Mom and I weren't able to properly celebrate Mother's Day (May 11th here in the Philippines) because she wasn't feeling well. Luckily, Mother's Day in France falls on May 25 - so since we've been in Paris mode all week, we'll be honoring this special day along with the French instead!

The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz

David Lebovitz is a well known pastry chef who moved to Paris in 2004. He runs a food blog and has published six successful books, along with this one, which my mom is currently reading. The book includes lots of yummy recipes and funny stories of his life in Paris. I can tell she really, really loves it, because she brings it everywhere she goes, and even asked me to read it to her one night! : )

Mom, I know I can be difficult sometimes, or maybe all the time, but thank you for always believing in me, encouraging me, and supporting me through everything. People always say a mother's love is unconditional. Thank you for loving me, even when I make mistakes. Know that my love for you is the same. You always tell me to live happy, and that is what I intend to do - with you right there with me. You're everything I want to be, mama. (I started crying after I typed that. I'm staring at the screen with blurred eyes. I hope I don't misspell anything.) You're beautiful, inspiring, positive, hard working, and you never ever give up. I can't wait to go on more adventures together! We still have so much ahead of us. Though I'm scared of what the future brings, I'm blessed to have such a strong, driving force like yours in my life. Bonne Fête des Mères, mommy! I love you.

Maman tu es la plus belle du monde car tant d'amour inonde tes jolis yeux.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-53069073-1