The Way We Ate- Bamba Bistro

I woke up early on Saturday morning to go to nearby Paranaque, for a meeting I had with some core members of YMAGINE,  my youth-made art organization.  And while I loved being there, brainstorming ideas for future projects and plotting out the rest of our 2014 calendar, I regretfully say that all the finger food we had to eat along with our planning session was all junk food - chips, M&Ms, popcorn, and more popcorn. By the time mom and my tita  picked me up, I was starting to have a bit of a weird stomachache from consuming too much unhealthy food. But they were both set on eating out, so I reluctantly agreed, thinking I'd just have a cup of tea and a light sandwich wherever we would end up having a late lunch.

We went up and down Aguirre Avenue in BF Homes, Paranaque, looking for a place to eat. I used to take ballet and piano lessons in the area so the streets were familiar to me.  I saw that a lot of new establishments had opened,  and it was fun spotting out new restaurants and remembering the old ones too!


We ended up at a quaint and super cute cafe called Bamba Bistro. The first thing I ordered was a cup of tea to calm my stomach. And as I sipped on my hot drink, I tried to keep the mental images of all the Baked Ruffles chips and Chef Tony's popcorn I ate out of my head. I was so glad that I did, because their dishes were so yummy that as soon as our orders arrived, I couldn't stop stuffing food into my face!

Mesclun Salad- assorted fruits, feta, grilled chicken, papadom chips, house vinaigrette.

Fabada de Beatrice- rich bean stew, chorizo.

Bamba Burger- 100% pure beef burger, cheddar cheese, bacon, peppercorn mayo, tomato jam. Served with crispy string onions.

Le Cochon Sliders- crispy pork belly, red cabbage slaw, fried wonton, eel sauce. Must try!

Pizzookie- "Fresh from the oven" chocolate chip cookie, served ala mode. Salted caramel, walnuts.

What's my name again?!- delicious chocolate, cream and crunch, graham cinnamon crust.

I'm still thinking about the food at Bamba Bistro. I've missed trying new restaurants! It's almost summer, so in between college reviews, mom and I will definitely take lots and lots of food trips, just like last time. I can't wait : )


Bamba Bistro
55 Aguirre Avenue corner Arsenio Luz
BF Homes, Paranaque City
Facebook page




4 comments:

  1. My friend from high school owns Bamba, and I've been wanting to try the food there! :) Your post just reminded me of this haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to try Bamba real soon! We're pretty sure you won't regret it : )

      Delete
  2. Wow. This looks yum! And really great photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Camille! Thanks so much : ) Loving the photos on your blog too.

      Delete

 
UA-53069073-1