A Happy Home


I always feel flattered every time our friends and house guests compliment me on how cheery & inviting and how light & airy our home is.

Creating a place that you'd always like to come home to, in my opinion, should be every homeowner's goal. Whether home for you means a rented apartment, a small one bedroom affair, or a sprawling three-story high abode, your home should be a place where you and your family are comfortable and at your happiest.

We've been living in the south of Metro Manila for over 20 years now and currently staying in an old townhouse that needs its fair share of repairs.

The wall in our living room needs repainting because of the water stains caused by the previous occupant's air conditioning unit.

 The concrete floor leading up to our front door have obvious signs of wear and tear.

The wall on one side of the house is in dire need of a paint job.

The room under the stairs.

The storage room under the stairs needs constant organizing. This is one of the things I dread doing most because I am the only one in the house who is remotely interested in tidying up. The mess you see here is from the recent Christmas holidays which I've been finding all sorts of excuses not to get to : )

But, despite the clutter and repairs, I wouldn't trade our home for any other. Maybe I'm quite attached to it because of the happy memories made here. Familiarity breeds comfort and security that I can't imagine myself living anywhere else.

A dream renovation is of course always on my mind, but since it's not possible for now, I try to make do with the house I've been blessed to live in with my family and strive to make it a happy home for all of us.


My mom's beautiful furniture was passed down to me and I take good care of it by regular cleaning and polishing. I also inherited lovely linens, silverware and dinnerware that I try to use as often as possible even if there's no special occasion because using them makes me feel pretty and happy.


Flowers and plants brighten up any home and keep things looking fresh and welcoming, even if it's just one or two gumamela blooms from the garden.

I have learned to love our home for its charmingly (well, to me at least) perfect imperfections. A leaking roof however, and problems with plumbing, should be reserved for another story. Haha : )

Just keeping it real and sharing my thoughts. I'd love it if you would share your thoughts about your home too.


4 comments:

  1. very cozy home! I love how the warmth imbibed in your home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Donna! I'm glad to hear your daughter is feeling better already : )

      Delete

 
UA-53069073-1