Time To Help Out

by She Said

I have been looking forward to the August 21 holiday since last week, hoping I could spend this day relaxing and eating out with my daughter. 

But this week has been a series of household concerns for me. We live in an old house that's in need of some repairs, and since I've been putting it off, I'm suffering the consequences now. The rainy season brought in the start of an ant infestation inside the house. Thinking it was not a major problem, and since we always keep food in airtight containers, I didn't really put much thought into it until the ants ate into our electrical wiring. So, now we are in need of professional pest control to address this problem as well as other pests in and around the house. The nonstop rains since Sunday also caused some leaks inside the house, which has never happened before. 

I got so worked up and stressed over these things and busied myself addressing my own household problems that I didn't even bother to watch the news about the typhoon. When I found out the extent of the damage brought about by Typhoon Maring, I felt so guilty. Here I was, worrying about such small, trivial things while thousands of others are in evacuation centers, with so many homes submerged in flood waters, while here I am warm, safe and dry.

De La Salle Santiago Zobel School is accepting donations for affected communities in Muntinlupa, Las Pinas, Laguna and Cavite. Donations will be used to provide hot meals, relief goods, and financial assistance. Let's all do what we can and take the time to help out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-53069073-1