A Different Birthday



I'm celebrating my birthday a little differently this time. Bianca is currently abroad and won't be back until June. She left just a few days after New Year's and I've been missing her so much. I'm not used to not having her around and the house is awfully quiet without her. I depend on her for a lot of things, and it's hard to be without her.

2017 was a difficult year for me. I went through so many challenges and disappointments. Despite all my efforts to make things work in my favor, it seemed like everything I did put me on the wrong track. And as if I needed more stress, we were also busily moving house. But God always knows how to make it up to me. In the midst of all the strain and tension I was feeling came some good news. Bianca received word that she was a recipient of a scholarship grant from The French Embassy, and as a French government scholar, she is eligible to study in a university in France with benefits such as a living allowance and health insurance among others. We also ended up moving house in the same neighborhood instead of somewhere far, which was what was originally planned. God is good!

With all the house moving activities, numerous garage sales and preparations for Bianca's trip, I had forgotten about my annual birthday jumping shot. I only trust Bianca to do this for me, but since she's not around, I guess I'll just have to wait and content myself with looking through our old Paris photos.

I've ceased making birthday wishes to ask for material things as I've grown older through the years, but I'm thinking this time around, I will make a very specific wish. I so desperately wanted to accompany Bianca on her trip so I could help her settle in to her new apartment, to make sure that everything was in order and to help her with the initial adjustment of living away from home. It's the first time we are apart, so I wanted to make it easy for me too. But with the expenses of moving house, medications, and all the other bills that seem to never end, it was just not possible. I tried my best, but it was not to be.

So here's my birthday wish.... I wish that I would have the chance to visit Bianca this March, that my sister can accompany me because I cannot travel alone, and that I will be able to pick her up in June to bring her home safe.  It's a tall order, but I believe that God is longing to be good to all of us, and that He wants to give all of us the desires of our hearts. I'm claiming that now.

So, if all goes well, I'll be sharing my belated birthday jumping shot very soon, somewhere in Europe, no less. See you in a bit, Biancs. I can't wait!

- - -

Dear Mama,

I couldn't help but write you a short note after reading your annual birthday post. I don't say this enough, but thank you. Thank you for always looking out for me. Thank you for answering my late-night messages about laundry. Thank you for supporting me and teaching me to never give up. Thank you for being not just my mom, but my best friend. We are so lucky to have the relationship that we do and I am so blessed to have a mom like you. Even if you're not physically here with me, I still feel like you are always here in spirit and it means so much. 

Happy birthday, mama! I wish I was there to celebrate with you, but I hope you have a wonderful day nonetheless. See you in two months. Don't worry, God will grant us our wish(es)! 

I love you,

Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-53069073-1