Lucky Me

Every new year that comes around, I am reminded of how lucky I am that I get to celebrate the beginning of a new chapter as well as my birth month this January. Like most of you, it's the time that I reflect on the year that was, and the time I set goals of what I'd like to accomplish in the 12 months ahead.

I am very thankful for the past year even with all its challenges and difficulties. I had so many plans for 2015 that I couldn't get off the ground, which made me so frustrated. Despite the best of intentions, nothing seemed to work. Every day, I felt that God was testing me by letting me go through failures and heartaches. I prayed harder and more fervently each day, but I guess God wanted me to take a Master's Degree in Patience and Humility!

Looking back now, I believe that what I wanted to happen didn't happen because I still had lessons to learn and that not my plans but only God's plans will prevail. I am more than lucky because I had family and good friends to see me through it all. Life goes on, and I'm not giving up.

I am ready for a fresh new start this 2016. Every day is a new beginning to live life to the fullest. We all deserve to live a long, happy, healthy and abundant life.  So, let's all smile, laugh out loud, be kind, and have a heart so big that we become unstoppable.

Dear friends, thank you for always indulging me by reading my birthday post every year. And of course, I can't let all of you go without sharing a photo of my infamous jumping shot. I wanted to jump off from a ledge but Bianca wouldn't hear any of it. Oh well, maybe next year I'll use a trampoline ;)



6 comments:

  1. Hi Ms. Cym! Looking good.. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for not visiting your blog much earlier. I remembered your birthday as you share the same birthday with my mom. I silently said a prayer for you and Bianca. A belated happy birthday and may all your dreams ever come true. God bless you!...Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marie! Thank you :) Happy birthday to your mom, too. Hope all is well.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Cheekegirl. Belated Happy Birthday Cyn! May you have another blessed year.

    Jules

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-53069073-1