Kitchen Stories- Seafood Crepes


We're back in the kitchen for more crepes! We have a habit of eating a particular dish or type of food for days or weeks on end until we've had our fill.

In the case of the Mango Crepes, we ate it for around three weeks straight, without fail. We ate crepes for breakfast, crepes for after school snack and crepes for after dinner dessert. We couldn't help ourselves. It was that good!

With the start of the Lenten Season, I decided to try to recreate a savory seafood crepe I always have whenever I visit my favorite Creperie near our home.

I was so happy with the results! I'm planning to make more of this recipe to keep in the freezer so I can just reheat portions for either lunch or dinner for those meatless Fridays of Lent. This meal would sure hit the spot, served with a small salad on the side. I hope you get to try this out.


Seafood Crepes

Village Gourmet Plain Crepes (one pack contains 6 pieces)
1 cup cooked crab meat
250 grams shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 medium onion finely chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
2 cups fresh spinach washed and hard stems removed
1 ½ cups all purpose cream
3 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
lemon wedges

Prepare shrimp and cut into pieces. Heat olive oil in a medium pan, then saute onions and garlic. Add shrimp and cook until pink. Add cooked crab meat and saute for about three minutes more. Add spinach and stir gently until wilted. Pour in cream and simmer until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.

In a non stick pan, reheat crepes according to package directions. Arrange folded crepes on a plate and top with seafood cream mixture. Serve with lemon wedges.

You will have some left over seafood good for another batch of crepes. Just keep in the refrigerator or freezer for your next meal.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Village Gourmet sells plain crepes??? I've never seen in the supermarket! Or maybe I just wasn't looking? Best discovery ever, thanks to you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! They're available in both Makati Supermarket and South. Check the frozen bread section. Leave some for me, okay? Need to replenish my stock soon ; )

      Delete

 
UA-53069073-1