The Way We Ate- Bizu Patisserie

By She Said

About a week ago, I came across my reminders list about Bianca's report card day.  Her school actually provides online viewing of grades making it convenient for parents to access their child's report card without having to take a day off from work. It saves me time and effort to view her grades online and just schedule a parent-teacher conference if I have any concerns. Since it's paper free, it makes it eco-friendly too!

I was actually resigning myself to receiving an average report card. I've been on Bianca's case for not spending enough time studying, and my constant reminders for her to get off Twitter and just being on the internet in general are always met with groans and grunts.

"I'm already done with all my homework, mom," is her constant reply. And "I'm doing my homework online," which I never believed since I have this old-school concept that studying meant books and paper on a study desk.

We both viewed her report card together and I was  surprised to see a lot of A's. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see that she was trying her best not to show me her I told you so face. ; )

I was so happy and proud, and because good grades always deserve a celebration, I treated her out to some afternoon tea.


 We both love Bizu in Alabang Town Center. It's always quiet, cozy and conducive for long talks and relaxing. The cool rainy weather was perfect for tea.

 Soleil Rooibos-  Rooibos tea with hints of orange peel, strawberry bits, raspberry, coconut and cornflower petals.

 Omelette aux Champignon- Wild mushroom ragout with cream cheese. Served with a side of mixed greens, candied walnuts, cherry tomatoes, raspberry vinaigrette.

 Croque Madame- Forest ham and cheese brioche sandwich, topped with Gruyere cheese and sunny-side-up egg.

It's good to know that Bizu's herbs and vegetables are freshly harvested in their very own organic farm in Batangas.

Of course, one can never leave Bizu without having some of their famous macarons...

 Salted Caramel & Pistachio Macarons. We had two rounds of these crisp chewy pastries. So good!
 
Congratulations, Bianca! keep up the good work : )


Bizu Patisserie & Bistro
Corte de las Palmas
Alabang Town Center
Muntinlupa City
Facebook page

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations for having a smart and charming daughter. It's nice to see the kind of mother-daughter bond you have. God bless!

    ReplyDelete

 
UA-53069073-1