Kitchen Stories- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

by she said


I'm on my term break, which means I can finally switch my 6 A.M. alarm off. I recently changed the alarm tone to 'Stop' by the Spice Girls and I think my mom is secretly rejoicing that she won't have to hear the starting bars of the song over and over because I snooze my alarm, like, fifty times before I finally get up.

I've been spending my vacation getting some much needed rest by sleeping in almost every day. My mom and I have also been eating out and constantly feeding the monster which is our macaron addiction. I went to see 'Carrie' with my friends and it gave me the spooks, putting me in the right mood for Halloween.  It's a welcome change from the exhaustion that the school day brings! : )

I also have more time to help out in the kitchen. Mom and I were craving pancakes for breakfast so we used this super simple and easy recipe. The pancakes come out crepe like - crisp around the edges - which is how we like ours done.

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes (adapted from Jamie Oliver)

1 cup flour
1 cup whole milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 apple, peeled & grated
pinch of salt
butter for cooking

Cinnamon Sugar

in a small bowl, blend together:
2 tbsp granulated white sugar
1 tsp  cinnamon

Mix flour, baking, soda, and salt in a mixing bowl with a whisk. Add milk and beaten egg to the flour mixture and combine until smooth. Fold in grated apple to the mixture and stir with a spoon.

Put a non stick pan over medium heat and add some butter. Once butter melts, pour about 1/3 cup of batter to the hot pan.  Carefully flip the pancake when the top begins to bubble and continue to cook until other side is golden. Serve hot, with a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.

Makes about 8 pancakes.

We hope that you get to try this recipe too. It definitely made our morning : )


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-53069073-1