Washi Coasters

by she said

My mom and I have been planning to make Washi Tape Coasters for awhile! We thought they'd be cute to make as a fun party activity, but we just couldn't wait. So we tried out our idea yesterday : D


Here's what you need:

Set of cork coasters (or ceramic coasters, if you like!)
Washi tape
Scissors
Hobby knife or cutter
Craft mat
Paint brush
Mod Podge
Clear acrylic sealer (optional)

Mod Podge- waterbase sealer, glue and finish. You can get this at Deovir Art Supplies.

Cork coasters, set of 10 from Muji.

Just place strips of washi tape next to one another in any pattern you like. Make sure to get the tape as close to each other as possible and that no part of the cork coaster is showing. Don't forget that washi tape is removable and re-positionable so it's easy to fix if you mess up! We get our washi tape from Paper Chic Studio

After completely covering the coaster with tape, flip it over a cutting mat. Using a craft knife, trim the excess as close to the edge as possible.

Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge on the top and sides of the coaster with a brush and let dry 15-20 minutes. You may opt to spray with a clear acrylic sealer to waterproof them if you like.



They turned out so well, we're planning on making more to give as Christmas presents. Making these was definitely a way of de-stressing after exam week and also getting to bond (aka fight over who gets to cut the tape...hehehe) with mom! What a great Saturday. : )

10 comments:

  1. Yey! More washi tape ideas!!! Thanks for the coaster tip. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Now if I can only find my washi tapes! I think my little girl has used up all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty! Just buy more washi tape. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Mod Podge! Where do you get that???

    I covered my 2014 planner in washi tape but it's not working! The tape keeps peeling off so I glued it on but now the threads are fraying. #epicfail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Frances! Thanks for stopping by : )

    You can get Mod Podge at Deovir Art Supplies. They have a branch in SM Megamall. Or just order online like I did : )
    http://www.deovirarts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. @She SaidHi! Yes, I added you to my blogroll so I can catch up =) Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely buy a pot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! where did you get your craft knife and how much?thanks a lot!
    Godbless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sarah! My mom bought it in National Bookstore. DAFA Hobby Knife, comes with 2 extra blades P120. Happy crafting and thanks for liking our Facebook page : )

      Delete
    2. hi thanks for the quick reply...
      btw i love your blog..God bless you and your mom!:))

      Delete

 
UA-53069073-1