Kitchen Stories - Breakfast Cookies

By She Said

My daughter is not very fond of bananas. I try to let her eat a variety of fruits and vegetables but every time we have bananas at home she just won't eat it. When I came across this two ingredient cookie recipe over at The Burlap Bag, I thought it was sheer genius. Imagine a cookie with just bananas and oatmeal? I just knew I had to try it to make my daughter change her mind about bananas.


The recipe calls for:

2 over ripe bananas
1/2 cup instant oats

That's it! You can add your choice of mix-ins like raisins, nuts, chocolate chips if you like. I used a handful of dried cranberries with this recipe only because we had some at home.

Just mash up the bananas, they have to be very ripe because you won't be adding any sugar. The sweetness will come from the bananas. Combine the bananas with the oatmeal and dried fruits or nuts, making sure the mixture is not runny. Not all bananas are the same size so you may have to add a little bit more oatmeal if you'll be using larger sized ones. Place rounded teaspoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Yields about 12 cookies.





The verdict: I have already made two batches this week and although it still tastes like bananas, it was nice and chewy and my daughter liked hers with chocolate chips. These are perfect for breakfasts on the go!



I could eat a batch of these in one sitting. They're very good right out of the oven. Try it out. So easy and simple to make and delicious too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-53069073-1