all mothers are a little bit insane


It's no exaggeration that Daphne Oseña Paez is my mom's idol.

If it weren't for my mom, I probably would not have known about Daphne's personal website, daphne.ph. She has taken it upon herself to let me know all about Daphne's everyday experiences.

From what she's eating, the new camera she's endorsing, and the latest on her kitchen renovation, I know all about what's happening in Daphne's life thanks to mom.

"Daphne ate here," she'd say matter-of-factly as we'd all flip through the menu of a restaurant. "She says this dish is good."

My mom buys the same clothes as her, too. It's that bad. She used to wear collared polos and jeans every single day. Now, she buys cotton dresses from K & Company, and wears her polos and jeans fewer times during the week. I always make fun of her for being notorious for "always looking, but never buying" dresses at K & Company.

A branch opened near us - and it takes all her willpower to stay away because she can't help herself. Except sometimes she gives in.

My mom obsessively goes through her blog posts, and when Daphne replied to one or two of her comments, she was so excited. She admires how Daphne is able to balance her successful career and also be a dedicated mom. She also loves her jewelry and furniture. (She made me take a picture of her sitting in a Daphne chair in Dimensione. "Do I look like Daphne?!" she asks hopefully. "Yeah," I replied begrudgingly. Her day had then officially been made.) She talks about Daphne like she's her best friend and that they do really cool things together, when in fact they haven't even met.
Whenever we go to Makati, or anywhere else for that matter, mom's always prepared to meet Daphne- and once it came very close to happening.

We were walking around Greenbelt 5 when my Tita suddenly says "Did you see her?"

"Who?" my mom asks curiously, looking around.

"Daphne," my Tita replies.

"WHAT?!" my mom says desperately. She spots Daphne several  feet ahead of us (wearing a K & Company dress) and my mom tries to run after her, and I find myself running too (??!!??!?!!). But Daphne was too fast for us both, so my mom dejectedly gives up.

"I had a feeling I would meet her today," she tells me later. "That's why I dressed up and everything."

(My mom was wearing a K & Company dress.)

I guess it's good for all of us to have someone to look up to. It's good for us to have a role model, someone who  can be an inspiration for us to do better things with our lives. For my mom, it might be Daphne.

But for me? I honestly think my mom is one of the strongest women I will ever meet. She's perseverant, she helps others, she always knows what's right, and she always knows what top will go with which jeans : ) She's funny and sweet and friendly, and she's never afraid to go for it.

My mom inspires me to become a better person. Even if she's strict sometimes, I love her because she always teaches me the right thing to do. She is the best gift I could ever ask for.

Happy Mother's Day, mommy. I love you!

7 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! This made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi tita Martine! my mom cried when she read the post, then she started laughing. then she read it about five more times and did the same thing. hehehe, she's so crazy! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this post from a couple of my readers.

    Reading this brought tears in my eyes. And a lot of smiles.

    I am amazed at your relationship as mother and daughter. Please tell your mom that it would be awesome if I could meet her one day. She seems awesome (and almost as crazy as me, as I'm sure my daughters will one day write).

    And sorry that I walk fast (sometimes). Haha. She should have just called my name.

    Bless you both! Belated happy mothers' day.


    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Ms.Daphne Paez! my mom and i are so thrilled you found our blog. yes! we'd both love to meet you one day. thank you so much! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet message, Daphne! You are truly an inspiration. Belated Happy Mother's Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Thanks for resharing the link on your page. So funny, Bianca! And so touching as well. ♥ Glad you met her na, Cyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Denise! Yes, I'm so happy I got to meet her and I can't believe this post is almost 3 years old :)

      Delete

 
UA-53069073-1