The Hungry Weekend

By She Said

I was practically cooped up in the house for one whole week last week. This unrelenting, scorching summer heat was giving me migraines and dizzy spells and what seemed like the beginning of a flu, that put a damper on my appetite. All I wanted to do was stay inside an igloo and never come out if that was ever possible. 

I'm glad I'm all better now. And my appetite is back! The first thing I did was to send for some Razon's Halo Halo, a large order of CPK's BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad (which I begrudgingly shared with my daughter, she was hogging all the crunchy tortilla strips!) and 12 pieces of Chowking's Lotus Cream Buchi. I ate 11 pieces, I kid you not. Sorry, I didn't get to take photos. By the time I remembered, I had already gobbled everything up. Thank goodness I have a loving sister who understands my sometimes weird food cravings and braved this desert weather to buy my loot for me. 

I'm planning a very long weekend of eating to make up for lost time. So, if you happen to chance upon a mother & daughter tandem in one of the restaurants with a table filled with food they can't finish because they over ordered, that could be us. Please don't hesitate to say hello :)

Happy Weekend Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
UA-53069073-1