One Summer, Twenty Three Restaurants

By She Said

I can't wait for summer vacation to start so I can drag my daughter, who is my best eating buddy, to all the restaurants and places I've been keeping tabs on. Some of you may already know that I make a list of restaurants, dessert joints, cafes, and just about any place that spell FOOD that I want to try out in a notebook I have with me while I'm stalking my favorite food bloggers online. So, here's what I came up with....

Summer Restaurant Must Trys- and because I've done my homework, I've also included dishes I want to order ;)

Early Bird Breakfast Club- French Toast Fondue, Viva Longganisa, Spanish Omelette

IHOP- Big Steak Omelette, New York Cheesecake Pancakes, Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes, CINN-A-STACK Pancakes, Splashberry Drink,

Maple- Prime Rib Angus Tapa, Spaetzle Jambalaya, Big Maple Breakfast

My Kitchen by Chef Chris- Homemade Italian Sausages, Panizza, Ricotta & Parmesan Gnocchi, Spaghetti con Frutti di Mare, Lemon Lime Cheesecake

Spectrum at Fairmont Makati- I really want to check out the buffet here that features a honey station with live bees!!!

 BONO artisanal gelato- Pistacchio, Strawberries & Proseco, Speculoos, Fragola, Movie Night (chocolate covered potato chips.malt balls.caramel!)

Brasserie Cicou- Escargots, Foie Gras Ravioli, Roasted Bone Marrow, Koign Aman, Chocolat Moelleux

Sweet Bella- Strawberry Charlotte, Mangotier, Chocolata, Pearl Cake

The Fireplace at the Hyatt Hotel- Millionaire's Salad, Prawns with Mushroom Rissoto, Angus Ribeye, Flamed Ice Cream Alaska

Cafe Ysabel- Lobster Bisque, Silk Road Salad, Baked Scallops, Pan Roasted Seabass, Creme Brulee

Eat Fresh Hong Kong Famous Street Food- Pancake Balls, Squid Balls, Lobster Cheese Roll, Clay Pot Chicken,  Almond Shake

B & T Mexican Kitchen- Fish & Shrimp Burrito, Guaca de Frito Al Pastor, Mexican Burger with Potato Fries, Horchata, Chocolate Nachos

Mien-San Noodle House- Xiao long bao with patola, Fried Siopao, Fried Sesame Balls, Cha-chang Noodles, Beef Noodle Soup, Three Cups Chicken

Corner Tree Cafe- Vegetarian. Veg Biryani, Zucchini Fries, Moussaka, Falafel Burger, Lasagna

Hai Chix & Steaks- Hainanese Chicken Rice, Butter Garlic Shrimp, Ribeye Steak with Beef Rice

 Wooden Spoon by Chef Sandy Daza- Lechon Kawali, Crab Pancit, Stuffed Pechay, Sago Cake

Nomama- Prawn Teppan in Uni Bisque, Nomama Ramen, Miso & Mango Glazed Chicken, Kitayama Wagyu with Miso Butter & Tofu Fries, Apple Pie Gyoza

Chef's Table with Chef Bruce Lim- Roasted Tomato Halaan Soup, Fried Pusit with Green Mango Salad, Canadian Salad, Potato Crusted Salmon, Laing Linguine, Prawn Aligue, Biko with Calamansi Cream, Langka Creme Brulee

La Petite Camille- Pomelo Salad, Eggplant with Chinese Sausage & Shrimp, PHO Combination, Beef Look Luck, Special Rice in Claypot, Saigon Style Pork, Pandan & Yellow Mung Bean

da.u.de Tea Lounge- da.u.de Pho, Crisp Pork Banh Mi, Prosciutto & Melon Salad, Passion Green Tea, Goji Melon Tea, Papaya Kamille Tea, Peanut Butter & Jelly Scones

Gourmandise Patisserie- Blueberry Cheesecake, Raspberry  & Mont Blanc Eclairs, Lemon Meringue Tart, Carrot Cake

Breakfast at Antonio's in Tagaytay- Homemade Yogurt topped with Lemon Curd, Fresh Corned Beef, Pancakes with caramelized pineapple & banana, and Felchlin Swiss Hot Chocolate to wash it all down.

Zubuchon in Cebu City- we have to fly out to eat here?!? Maybe I'll check if they can deliver to Manila ;) Boneless Zubuchon, Stuffed Squid with Sisig, Ginataang Langka with Lapu Lapu, Crab Relleno, Kamias Shake

We've got roughly nine weeks of summer, so that means we have to eat out at least 2 or 3 times a week in order to complete the list. I don't know how I'm going to find the budget since apart from the list, we'll also have to find time to squeeze in our other favorite haunts. Plus we're also keeping positive that we'll get the chance to travel this summer! Wish us lots and lots of luck!


What we did last summer- Baguio 2012
                                 



We'd love to know what your summer plans are. Drop us a note and share your plans with us. What's on your list?

2 comments:

 
UA-53069073-1