Kitchen Stories - Saturday S'mores Jars


Long time no see! It's been a while since I've posted, but hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon. Summer is coming fast and this school year is ending really quickly- I don't know if I'm quite ready to let my classmates and Soph year teachers go, but I cannot WAIT to have a stress-free few months and go on complete hibernation/cat mode.

I spent my Saturday afternoon making S'mores Jars for a few of my friends, because I am a total angel. Mom found the instructions on a Paula Deen site, and it took us awhile (read: a few months) to round up all the things we needed, but we finally came around to doing it and I'm ecstatic with how they turned out!


 
Simple S'mores Bars (adapted from a recipe by Paula Deen)

ingredients:
1 ½ cups teddy bear shaped graham cookies
1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
 ¼ cup brown sugar
1 quart size mason jar (wide mouth)

directions: 
layer all ingredients in a mason jar with an instruction label that reads:

instructions:
preheat oven to 350℉ / prepare a 9" square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray / pour out marshmallows and chocolate chips into a bowl along with ¼ cup melted butter, reserving about 1-2 teaspoons / in another bowl, mix remaining butter with teddy grahams / layer teddy grahams on the bottom of the baking dish / top with marshmallows and chocolate chips / sprinkle with brown sugar / bake for 15 minutes / remove from oven and cool completely / cut into bars

Used shipping tags we found at the grocery store to write down the recipe.

We couldn't resist trying to make our own S'mores Bars at home, so mom whipped out her baking dish and we got to work. Here are a few photos from the making...it's a miracle these aren't blurred because mom kept making me laugh.

We still don't have an oven, so we're using our toaster oven, and it turned out pretty okay!






 Baker's Twine, Ball Mason Jars, and these cute Chevron & Polka dot Favor Bags are available at Paper Chic Studio


We'd love to see your take on this, if you ever decide to try it out! What are YOUR little Saturday projects? :)

2 comments:

 
UA-53069073-1